News and Upcoming Reviews

News: Sorry for my extended absence, I've been working on school stuff for most of my spare time. I got my review of "Padawan Lost" up and will hopefully post my review of "Wookie Hunt" tomorrow.

Upcoming Reviews: Xenocide, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Minority Report, Halo Reach

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Trailer Tuesday #5 Superheroes Galore!

Superhero movies seem to make up half of the theater listings now days, so I thought that I'd show off a few recently announced comic book flicks.
The first trailer is pretty short, but oh well.  Captain America:  The First Avenger is set during World War II and apparently there were both supervillains and superheroes during that time period.  Who knew?


The next one is X-Men: First Class, a prequel to the X-Men movies set during the Cold War.  This actually looks pretty cool even though I'm not a big fan of X-Men; it looks like the movie is taking place during the Cuban Missle Crisis, which could set the stage for some awesome alternate history/historical fiction goodness.


And since we're on the subject of superhero movies I'm pretty much required by law to at least mention the upcoming sequel to the Dark Knight, which has the confirmed title "The Dark Knight Rises."  Yeah, not the best title in the world, but keep in mind that it's Christopher Nolan, the genius behind not only the last two Batman movies but also the phenomenal Inception.  I wouldn't expect anything less than awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment